Praying Virgin Mary with Roses Marble Resin Statue - Antique Gold
The House of the Virgin Mary is a Catholic shrine located on Mt. Koressos in the vicinity of Ephesus, about four miles from Selçuk in Turkey.
Following the descriptions in the reported visions of Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich (1774–1824), a Roman Catholic nun and visionary, the house was discovered in the 19th century. The site has received a steady flow of pilgrimage since its discovery.
Based on the belief that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was taken to this stone house by Saint John and lived there for the remainder of her earthly life, Catholic pilgrims visit the house.
The shrine has merited several papal Apostolic Blessings and visits from several popes including Paul VI, John Paul II and Benedict XVI.
These statues are made near the House of the Virgin Mary. Each one is made of bonded marble resin and beautifully crafted by local artisans.
Size: 2.625" x 10.0" 2.5"
We Also Recommend
11" Mother of Pearl & Olive Wood Crucifix Wall Cross with Holy Land Elements
15" Olive Wood & Mother of Pearl Crucifix Wall Cross with Holy Land Elements